- Are you interested in attending a College/University after graduation?
- Want to learn more about a specific university or college?
- Martin Luther King Day of Service: Volunteer needed to assist with helping seniors, clipping coupons for military families, learn CPR, creating cards and door hangers for seniors, etc.
- Monday, January 15, 2018 @ 8:00 AM
- Howard County Government Building, 6751 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046
- Volunteers must register at: www.volunteerhoward.org
- Military Night
- Wednesday, March 7th
- Oakland Mill High School
- JROTC Applications – Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) programs are offered at Atholton (Army), Howard (Army) and Oakland Mills (Air Force) high schools. Each JROTC program provides an introduction to career opportunities in the United States Armed Forces and teaches principles of leadership, discipline and civic responsibility.
A student who wishes to participate in JROTC but does not attend one of the schools that offers the program may apply for participation. Each school has a limited number of additional spaces available. To apply for participation for the 2018–2019 school year, students must contact a JROTC official between November 28, 2017 and January 12, 2018 to schedule an interview. Only students who are interviewed during this designated period will be considered for enrollment. For more information visit http://www.hcpss.org/news-posts/2017/10/apply-for-jrotc/
- SAT vs. ACT Combo Test - Do you know which test you should prep for? Find out by taking Kaplan’s combo practice test. You’ll get to try the content, timing, and format of each test, so you can figure out which exam to focus on.
- The test will be held Saturday, January 13th at 8:45 am
- Marriotts Ridge High School
- Cost is $20 dollars per student.
- Sign up for the SAT/ACT practice test today by visitng http://kaplan.formstack.com/forms/mrhs_sat_act_combo_test_01_13_18
- Long Reach Community Association is looking for volunteers for our MLK Day of Service event.
- It's an Animal Shelter Extravaganza benefiting the Howard County Animal Control and Adoption Center where we will be making toys for animals in the shelters and collecting pet supplies.
- Earn service hours or just have something fun to do for the day!
- February 16, 2018
- 11 am to 2 pm
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
- The Teen Advisory Council is composed of Howard County high school students (public, private and home school) who meet monthly during the school year to discuss teen use of alcohol and other drugs, and to develop educational messages that promote HC DrugFree's vision of a County where teens are drug-free by choice. Visit http://www.hcdrugfree.org/teen-advisory-council-1/ for more information and to learn how to join.
- The Intelligence Careers offers students a wide variety of excellent program to get a jump start on careers in intelligence. Several of our former students have participated in these experiences and they are excellent. Visit https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/icstudents.html for more information.
- National Family Resiliency Center is looking for Peer Counselors. The NFRC is an organization that provides individual and group counseling for children and teens and parent education seminars related to family transition and support for children when their parents decide they will no longer be together. NFRC is looking for students who might be interested in training to become peer counselors. Visit http://www.nfrchelp.org for more information or contact http://firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Howard County Park and Recs is hiring high school students to work at their before school and after school care programs. For more information visit http://www.howardcountymd.gov/hcrpjobs. No experience is necessary and you must be 16. This is a great first job.